Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

What is it Like to Exist in Pure Consciousness?

Living in a body and existing for a lifetime bound up in stress and anxiety is not a great way to spend time on earth.  Seeing one's self as isolated, separate and different from every being and every molecule causes problems both physically and mentally.  It has everything to do with energy.

When you are isolated and apart from the the world, energy is concentrated in and around you.  But when you are one with the universe, energy flows freely everywhere.  The difference is your point of view and where energy is located.  For example, think of something you don't like about yourself such as, "I'm too fat", "I'm too ugly", or "I feel anxious all the time."  Put yourself in that frame of reference and picture yourself as that image.  You can feel negative energy surrounding you.  It's as if you are in a sphere of negative energy.

Now, step out of that image and view it from a distance.  Watch the energy and observe how it moves in front of you.  You can actually feel yourself getting lighter and freer. That's because you are no longer bound up in the capsule of negative energy.  This is a small sample of what it's like to be free, no longer confined by the body and the mind. 

To go further into this freedom requires stilling the mind so you can sit back and observe yourself and the material world much like you just did with the package of negative energy. The age old art of meditation is the tool for stilling the mind.  All you have to do is sit quietly, breathe naturally, and allow thoughts to come and go at will.  Don't try to stop thoughts and don't try to control them.  Just be the observer of the thoughts and let them pass through the mind like wisps of wind.  Think nothing of them.

When I wake up in the mornings I take a few minutes to just lie there and observe thoughts.   "That was a good night's sleep.  I feel rested and ready to get up.  Hungry.  Breakfast.  Get up!"  But I don't get up immediately.  I observe my thoughts and let them ramble on.  For a few minutes they will quiet down and then they will start up again telling me it's time to get up and do something.  It is very relaxing and entertaining to just lie there and observe how thoughts come and go like sporadic waves of energy fluttering by.  The observer is watching the thoughts and I am aware of the observer.   The objective is to take this state of consciousness with me for the rest of the day.

I have been a SCUBA diver for a number of years and when I am in the water, breathing air from the tank, I am weightless and feel as free as a bird flying over the terrain of the ocean bottom.  There are no sounds except for my exhaust bubbles passing by my ears on their way toward the surface.  This is a lot like pure consciousness.  I sink gently and quietly, deeper and deeper into the sea within.  There is no pressure imposed by desires, power, or profit.  Most of all, there is no ego.

                                                                                  
Like the ocean, pure consciousness is a silent world as far as the senses are concerned.  When I am in pure consciousness, awareness is acutely dialed to receive the slightest change in frequency of emotions, feelings, and movements in my mind and body.  But I am none of those things.  I am aware.  I am aware of being more alert and awake than when I am on the surface with thoughts.  This sixth sense is finely tuned to the infinite being that is one with all.  I am free from the hold that desires, worries, and the like have on me.  This is what it is like to exist in pure consciousness.


             "You are watching the content now, aren't you?  If not, how do you know
             about the content?  You are already beyond consciousness!  Again, you
             are the one who knows consciousness comes and goes, so you must be in
             a position to watch it.  The awareness you are watches all things come and
             go, but you do not come and go.  Isn't that obvious right now?"
                                                                                                          -Arcanum-










No comments: