Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Monday, October 28, 2019

The Purpose of Life

"What is the purpose of life?"  I had a student ask me that question in a biology class many years ago.  For some reason I didn't hesitate and blurted out, "To enjoy it."  At the time it struck me kind of odd as to what I said.  

Previously, on several occasions, the question entered my mind but I had never came up with an answer.  Like many people, I suppose, I tried to come up with answers, more or less, philosophical like, "There is no purpose in life; it just is" or "The purpose of life is to help people."  

I don't remember who the student was but I'm fully grateful for his question and fully grateful for what I said, because now I really and truly believe the purpose of life is to literally enjoy it.

Thank you student whomever you are.


No comments: