Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Awareness cont'd

Be aware of judging. Let me give you an example of what this means. I went to the doctor a few days ago for a checkup. After I checked in at the front desk, I was ushered into an examining room where I waited for 90 minutes. As time crept by, I could hear the doctor talking to another patient in the next room. As I was sitting there, I noticed thoughts that went something like, "There he is talking to her knowing that I am waiting here. How rude of him to keep me waiting like this." Almost immediately I became aware of that thought and that judgment and realized it's okay to have that judgment but there is no need to get upset. I remained cool, calm and collected. "Everything is fine." I felt my presence, remained in the moment and surprisingly, I enjoyhed the wait. It gave me time to practice being aware and in the moment. Moments like this will happen. Take advantage of these preceious moments.

Awareness can be a major source of information that gets to the core of meaningful experiences such as emotons and motivation. This is because when you are aware you can actually notice your thoughts, feelings and even inquire into your beliefs. When you are in absorption and attention its impossible to observe thoughts and emotions.

It is very important to be able to recognize awareness when you are in it because all it takes is a little "jump" to get into pure awareness from there. Pure awareness is a step beyond awareness, but it entails a larger and more magnificent realm of being.

Next, we will explore some of aspects of pure awareness.

No comments: