Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pure Awareness cont'd

Being in pure awareness brings me into a totally different realm of existence. I automatically turn to the inner world and the outer world by taking less thought and more insight to the Source. I become attuned to the silence deep within the core of my very being - the transforming life force - the True Self. I realize that I am not my body and my mind - I am one with everything that is and everything that isn't - the All.

The inner world is the innermost depths of my body; all the way to the cells, the molecules, atoms and further. The inner world is everything in the body to infinity. When I am in this inner realm I am no longer the body. The inner world is an experience - it is not thinking. The outer world is everything outside the body: the trees, sky, stars and beyond. The outer world is everything outside the body to infinity. The outer world is also an experience and not thinking.

In pure awareness there is no "I" or "me." Even though there may be chaos all around, all is quiet inwardly and outwardly with silince permeating my experience. A friend of mine was recently taking a walk along a lake one sunny afternoon and described his experience this way. "Wow! Everything is so vivid. Everything is just happening - going on - movements and colors are very clear and crisp. Everything is continuous and everything is like a mosaic. No separation. All is continuous in an infinite space that stretches out without boundaries. Movement is effortless and there is a feeling of timelessness - a feeling of space without a self or a location - never ending."

It seems there are various experiences possible in this knowing that you are one with everything. One is that you are the space of awareness that contains everything. Some people say this is the intimate feeling of being in the presence of a higher power while others experience themselves to be part of an impartial and indifferent space called the universe. In other experiences, people feel like they "melt" into and actually become the vast space of awareness.

We may have a variety of labels for pure awareness but our concepts and interpretations do not really matter. These are simply conceptualizations that do not belong in the direct experience. There is no way one can accurately describe their experience of pure awareaness. We are limited in our senses and our knowing but we can experience a profound love and appreciation for what extends beyond whatever we want to call it.

Continued

No comments: