Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Earth Prayer

Earth is said, by American Indians, to be our mother. Earth is from whence we came. We should honor and take care of her for she is our "bread and butter," she is our life source. There is energy within the earth generated by the movement of hot magma flowing just below the crust on which we stand. You may notice, as you stand on Mother Earth, there is a vibration which emanates from deep within her bowls. You can learn to get in touch with this magnificent feeling.

A class I took with Saul David Raye taught me this simple Mayan dance which brought me closer to Mother Earth.  It is called the Earth Prayer.

You can stand by your self or in a circle with friends, holding hands. As you stand begin swaying from side to side singing, "I feel Mother beneath my feet, I feel Mother's heart beat."  Sing this simple chant 5 times.  And then sing, "Hey Yama, Hey Yana, Hey Yama Ho!" 5 times. Repeat as many times as you like.

I believe the prayer somehow activates the vagus nervous system and brings about a sense of calmness and a feeling of peacefulness.  I don't know exactly how it works, but it works - for me anyway.

No comments: