Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Greater Sense of Awareness

Thank you all for staying with me.  I haven't posted anything for some time because I had to take the computer into the shop. I brought it back today, plugged everything in and it wouldn't boot up. I'm sure you've been down this road too. So, anyway, I called the shop and they said I would have to bring it in again. I'm writing this on an old computer that I just happened to have stored in the attic.

If you ever become agitated, for any reason, and you forget what you are - the Witness, try this simple exercise. Lie down on your back and put a soft cloth on your eyes. This simple act will initiate the ocularcardiac reflex and begin a relaxation reaction. You don't want to press on the cloth because that can reverse the reflex. The cloth over the eyes sends nerve impulses to the medulla and the Vagus nerve is activated which turns on the parasympathetic nervous system. The Vagus nerve runs from the medulla to all vital organs (heart, liver, lungs, spleen, and upper intestines) causing them to relax.  Your whole body will begin to feel calmer.

As calmness settles in, visualize the space the exists all around you. Visualize the infinite space below you, in front of you, to the left, to the right, and all around your body. Then focus on the space inside your body and allow both the outside space and the inside space to come together. As they merge you may notice that you are once again the Witness of all that is. When you are ready you can come back into your body and carry on as usual but with a greater sense of awareness. 

No comments: