Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Where have all the good times gone?

Where have all the good times gone?
There use to be gaiety, dance, and song.
But now, it seems, everything is wrong.
And many of my friends and family are gone.

The sun comes up and the sun goes down
and everything I think makes me frown.
I use to have fun and acted like a clown.
But now I feel run-down.

What is wrong with all that is?
Can things be other than what 'tis?
My ice cream soda doesn't fizz.
And time is passing like a whiz.

All I can think of is the past
when I really had a blast.
The present is going much to fast,
and leaves me in aghast.

If I could only be here now.
I would if I knew how.
If I could I would no longer scow.
That truly do I avow.

I want to sink deep in the present.
It would be oh so pleasant.
But I am so discontent
with all this torment.

The time has come for me to release
this bent-up rage and turn to peace.
There comes a time when we must cease,
and let the good inside increase.

Now it's clear.
I have no fear. 
All that was is in the rear.












No comments: