Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Dialogue on Meditation

I tried meditation,
it didn't work.

What do you mean
it didn't work?

I still had thoughts,
they wouldn't go away.

Don't you know,the objective of meditation
is not to make thoughts go away.

The objective of meditation
is to think nothing of your thoughts.

What do you mean?
How do I think nothing of my thoughts?


There will always be thoughts.
Just don't get carried away by them.

I don't understand.
How do I not pay attention to them?

Focus on something that is always with you.
Focus on your breathing for example.

That seems kind of boring.
Can you give me another example?

Focus on your thumb, big toe, or belly button.
You could even focus on a thought.

I like that idea.

 



No comments: