Welcome

Please feel free to read this blog and join in. I hope you will write something inspirational, inspiring, spiritual, controversial, amusing, engaging or just plain run of the mill. But please don't be brusque, churlish or licentious.

Monday, September 5, 2011

I become so involved with God during concentration practice that full comprehension of God is eventually and vividly evident. It must be because of this deep communion with God that thoughts begin to stop on their own accord. Once my thoughts are no longer wild and erratic, my mind slowly expands out into the universe and just keeps going and going. I don't have to try to do anything, it just happens. My thoughts become deathly calm and consciousness continues to expand further and further out among all the stars and planets. Although identity with self is lost I still have a sense of Presence. Not only is there a sense of Presence but all my senses become increasingly enhanced. This morning I was meditating outside under the giant oak tree and became acutely aware of the sound of a jet overhead, traffic on a nearby highway, crows cackling, dog barking in the distance, a slight breeze blowing over my arms and the sun shining on my face.

As I sat there, Presence became completely integrated with God - the indissoluble union occured. This didn't last long, 5 or 10 minutes at the most, and then those universal, persistent thoughts appeared once again out of nowhere. A few times in the past I have been able to go back into the union but this time it was impossible. It seems like my ability to fully concentrate a second time was lost. When I first started the practice, union with God was only a few seconds and slowly grew to where it is now. I must continue to practice.

1 comment:

JamesJr, said...

Hello Neil. Thank you for your insightful comment. I have become so focused on philosophy that my "philosophies" on life have suffered. I need to calm down I think you are right. Thank you. I enjoyed your article also. I think I will follow your advice because it seems to be working for you.